Report: D.C. A Top 10 City For Newlyweds | People
D.C. is one of the top 10 cities for newlyweds, according to a report released today by Rent.com.
The report says D.C. has “a central location with a wide variety of job opportunities (that) offers something for everyone – shopping, entertainment, and cultural activities. It’s truly the city of compromise for opposites that attract.”
Here are the other nine cities that made up Rent.com’s the top 10 list:
- Austin, TX
- Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Dallas, TX
- Kansas City, MO
- Houston, TX
- Denver, CO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Phoenix, AZ
- Baltimore, MD
According to Rent.com, “Metropolitan markets were ranked based on availability of rental inventory, cost of living, annual mean wages and unemployment rates. Based on the top 25 markets by rental availability, we ranked performance against the national average for unemployment, cost of living and annual mean wages. Unemployment was given double weight relative to the other statistics.”
Do you agree with the report?
Sound off in the comments section below.
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown