Officials Are Cracking Down on Fireworks in D.C. Area | News
Each year, locally and across the U.S., people of all ages are seriously injured by fireworks.
In anticipation of July 4th festivities, fire officials throughout the D.C. area met Thursday at a news conference where they discussed the dangers of mishandled fireworks.
In an effort to stop the illegal use of fireworks, fire marshals and police officers will patrol the region looking for and confiscating illegal fireworks.
If you're found with illegal fireworks, you will be charged and required to appear in court.
If you’re a Virginia resident, the use of illegal fireworks is a Class 1 misdemeanor and you could receive up to one year in jail, and face a $2,500.00 fine.
Fire officials in Montgomery County want to remind residents that all fireworks in the county are illegal.
For more information, click here.
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown
Courtesy of: A-K REAL ESTATE, INC
Courtesy of: A-K REAL ESTATE,INC