Wizards Fan Tries To Eat BGR Burger Joint's Mega Hamburger, Behind the Scenes Video | Restaurants
On Tuesday, November 23, Washington Wizards fan George Koonce attempted the impossible: eat BGR The Burger Joint's infamous 15 plus pound hamburger. The sandwich(if you can call it that) has almost ten pounds of meat, more than a head of lettuce, multiple beefsteak tomatoes, a pound of pickles, as well as onions and sauce, in between two giant buns(approximately three pounds).
The challenge started at tip-off of the Wizards/76ers game. If Koonce could finish the beast by the end of the third quarter, the entire crowd would receive a free BGR burger.
But poor George never stood a chance.
After the first quarter, he had finished just one slice that made up only 1/8 of the entire burger. It was at this point that Koonce gave up.
"No one can eat this much food," He said as he cratered.
Check out a behind the scenes look at his valiant effort in the video above.
BGR was kind enough to still give fans a free burger, but something tells me George Koonce will need a few weeks off before using his coupon.
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown