Pretty Party Style | Style
New Year's Eve is a time to party, but it can also be a time of fashion frustration. If you are already stressing about what to wear on the last night of 2010, here are a few suggestions so you can ring in 2011 in style.
1. Oh, Betsey Johnson, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. The Evening Organza with Flowers Strapless Dress reminds me of a shorter version of Audrey Hepburn's black and white dress in Roman Holiday. A modern, flirty update on a classic dress.
Store: Betsey Johnson
Multiple Locations: 3029 M Street, NW (Georgetown); 1809 G International Drive (Tyson's); online
Price: $388.00 - get 40% off on the Betsey Johnson website for a limited time.
2. Shabby Apple is quickly becoming one of my favorite online shops. The company's philosophy is to provide dresses that are complete one-piece outfits so their clients do not have to wear, "a tank top, cardigan, or long slip," with the ensembles. The items are also conservative in cut and only show a little bit of skin. But, that does not mean the clothes are stuffy! Instead, they tend to be vintage-inspired, shapely, and sexy. The Ski Bop Dress is a nod to old Hollywood glamour.
Store: Shabby Apple
3. Attending a New Year's Eve gathering does not necessitate dropping money on a dress. Instead, you can take something out of your closet and add accessories for a crisp, new look. The Bold Faceted Beaded ring from Forever21 is an affordable way to bring some glitz to your night out.
Multiple Locations: 1025 F Street, NW; 1100 Hayes Street, Arlington, Virginia (Pentagon City); 7101 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, Maryland (Montgomery Mall); online
4. NYE is a great excuse to throw on flashy jewelry. But, what about investing in a small piece that you can wear throughout the year? The Grey Ladder Necklace from White House Black Market has enough sparkle to get you through the end of 2010. It can also make the transition from daytime to nighttime when you are wearing a black skirt or dress pants.
Store: White House Black Market
Multiple Locations: 2103 M Street, NW (Georgetown); 5330 Western Avenue, Chevy Chase, Maryland (Friendship Heights); 50 Massachusetts Ave, NE (Union Station); 8023L Tysons Corner Center, McLean, Virginia (Tysons)
Price: On sale for $34.99
What are you wearing this New Year's Eve?
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown