Evans Joins Dupont Festival for 2nd Annual Dupont Circle Fountain Day |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
From Councilmember Evans newsletter: Councilmember Evans recently joined members of Dupont Festival and the greater Dupont Circle community for the 2nd annual turning-on of the Circle's fountain. The iconic fountain, designed by Lincoln Memorial co-creators Daniel Chester French and Henry Bacon, celebrates its 91st anniversary this spring.
"Kudos once again to the folks at Dupont Festival for another outstanding community event," Evans said. "I can't think of a better way to usher in spring that to turn on this historic fountain."Evans also took time to acknowledge Bob and Susan Meehan, long time residents and ANC Commissioners for their over thirty years of combined service to the neighborhood, as well as the contributions of the National Park Service in helping to bring Dupont Circle to life through year round events.Dupont Festival organizes and implements a wide range of outdoor and indoor activities in the greater Dupont Circle area throughout the year.
For more information on Dupont Festival and how you can become involved in upcoming events, please click here.
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown