DC Charity Hosts 5K Race To Benefit Homeless Children | Community Spirit
To meet the needs of the most vulnerable children and their families in the area, a local non-profit, Bright Beginnings,will hold a 5K race on Saturday, May 12 at Hains Point in D.C.
All proceeds from the race will directly benefit homeless children and their families in an effort to help them get back on their feet.Participants in this 15 year tradition will receive a t-shirt, running bag, food and water, and will be entered into a drawing for raffle prizes. Additionally, the top male and female runner will receive a cash prize. Adults and children of all ages are welcome to walk or run the course, which will begin and end at the entrance of Hains Point. Limited free parking is available. Online registration for the race is open until May 9 at 9pm. To sign up for the 5K race, or to become a donor, please visit www.BrightBeginningsInc.org.
Top Dupont Circle Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Cathedral Continues to Recover from Earthquake
- War-torn Caucasus may be at root of the brothers' rage
- Let's Be Real: Passion Is No Match For The Politics Of Guns
- On Sixth Anniversary Of The Virginia Tech Massacre, Families, Survivors Reflect On Bombings
- Disabled man given $8,000 after Disneyland breakdown